Hi everyone and welcome back to our blog!
As already talked about in week 7, we had another retrospective this week guided by an external coach. Again, three questions had to be thought of:
- What went well?
- What can be improved?
- How can certain things be improved?
Looking at our new results below, one can see that the mentioned aspects differ in comparison to the aspects mentioned in week 7. Let's have a look at our new aspects!
- Distribution of tasks
- very high workload
- bugs which are difficult to fix
- work on the elementary components with all team members
- use Jira as project management tool from the beginning
- make use of other frameworks
New Enemy: Plane
Another achievement in this sprint is the newly implemented plane-enemy. Planes are very different in comparison to tanks and cars:
- planes spawn on a random field on the left side of the match field
- they do not follow the path - they just "fly" straight to the right side of the match field
- planes can only be shot by specified towers (at the moment: Artillery and Freezer)
New Boss Enemies
In addition to the planes, we also created new boss enemies which are based on tanks. Those boss enemies are planned to be spawned after some waves so that there is also an enemy which is not that easy to kill.
Fighting against boss enemies, one can remark a pretty unexpected feature: When a boss enemy is about to die, a car enemy will spawn at the position of the boss enemy. This makes the boss stronger than it actually looks like.
Last but not least, we worked on some more adjustments. Those are the most important achievements:
- The game of the difficulty "easy" got designed so that 30 waves are playable now.
- Each enemy now has a lifepoints progress bar.
- A "Download" button can be found at the top of this blog. By clicking on it, a recent version of the app will be downloaded as an .apk installation file.
- Some more small bugs became fixed and some code-architectural adjustments have been made.
- Our code quality is available online here: https://codeclimate.com/github/niwa99/Tower-Defense
Of course, there is also a badge provided by the tool:
That's it for this week. See you next time!